I got these games from Roberta when having English Camp.
- Spying –> the teacher finds something inside classroom. The students are asking by giving yes or no question. The students need to ask by giving full question. After getting the answer from the teacher. Students are trying to guess what the thing is spied.
- Matching Up –> the students work in pair. One of them draws a picture on a plain paper. Then he asks another student to draw the picture as same as possible by saying all the clues such as: on the upper right corner, there is a sun; on the middle of the page, there is a sticky person; etc.
- Finding the differences and similarities –> the students work in pair. The teacher gives two same pictures with 5 different points. One tells another about the picture conversely. They talk whether they have similarities or differences. For example: Student A: in my picture, on the upper right corner, there is a cloud. Student B: in my picture there is a sun hiding behind the cloud.
- Think-Pair-Share –> Teacher gives a topic i.e Travelling. Students work in pair. Student A asks student B “what place will they visit?”, then asking why, then ask student B to describe the place. Student B writes what he gets. Then student B tells everybody in the class about what student B’s favorite place to travel.
Saat saya harus memegang Ektra-kurikuler Bahasa Inggris di SMA, saya menemui kendala tentang masalah materi yang ingin saya sampaikan. Perlu diketahui, murid-murid yang mengikuti EC berasal dari berbagai kelas dan kemampuan. Sementara itu, banyak siswa siswa yang tidak menghendaki jika EC tersebut diisi dengan kegiatan yang sama seperti di kelas. Finally, Setelah melakukan browsing beberapa saat saya menemukan materi yang asyik dan efektif untuk digunakan di kegiatan ekstra tersebut. Ini dia link-nya:
Link ini berisi banyak jenis game yang bisa diaplikasikan ke semua level. Semoga bermanfaat.
English Fun Activities
This link contains some interesting English activities and English games.
This morning, I was just thinking what should I do for my students who will leave their school. I, as the teacher, wanted to make unforgettable moment for them. And, this also became a moment when I gave them the last motivation of what they should do in the future. Thanks God. It runs so hearth-touching and awesome.
Well, here I want to share how I plan that parting with my students.
First, I play this video.
9-year-old boy discussing the meaning of life.
Because I’m an English teacher who teaches EFL (English as foreign Country). I play the video in the purpose of giving my students listening practice. But, actually my intention is giving them the moral value of the video which can inspire them when they have left the school. Continue reading
Error Recognition Practice
This link is good as a source for intermediate learners. I usually give the practice to my students. Have a nice practice!!!
Class meetings and Topics
- Topic: How to do something
- Motivation on why we should listen to some English authentic sources to improve our speaking skill. e.g. Listening music, Watching English film and etc.
- Reminding the students that they will get listening test in their final examination.
- Ask the students to find a video on YouTube about “how to speak English fluently”.
- Asking the students to make groups of four people in order to get 4 different videos to discuss in one group.
- Ask the students to discuss and tell what they get from the video to other group-mates in group. Continue reading
Reviewed by Riko Arfiyantama
This article is meant to describe the use of languages or Multilingualism in Central Java society. It is interesting to know how people choose a language i.e. Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese, or even English as a means of communication since they can use the languages interchangeably. This article will be carried out by taking from language domain, language shift and maintenance, and language revitalization and death point of view. Therefore, there will be mapping in the language setting, interaction, and participants examples provided. Then, the change or the transformation of the language use among the society and its factor. At last, it describes what language needs to be revitalized in order not to be extinct.
Goh and Silver (2004) explain, “Individuals in multilingual societies have to choose languages or varieties according to the different situations. Sometime the choice might concern of the use of a different style or register”. It is likely to happen in Indonesia where many languages are used for example in Central Java where Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese language, and English are used in that place. Bahasa Indonesia is used frequently when people communicate in the formal situation such as in the meeting, school, commerce, and media. While English is used at school, commerce, and technology. Moreover, Javanese is used broadly by society in the informal situation such as at home, and colloquial conversation. The use of the three languages may become an interesting topic to examine by looking at Goh and Silver point of view. Since the use of three languages in Central Java society is unique and need to be investigated further. In this essay, it will be discussed the use of the three language from three points of view. They are the (1) language domain, (2) language shift and maintenance, and (3) lan Continue reading