Grade twelve – teaching activities:
Class meetings, Topics, and Tasks
- Topic: How to learn English effectively
- Motivation of why we need to do something special if we want to be someone special.
- Motivation to Listen and read a lot in English form independently.
- Ask the students to find an article on the internet about “how to learn English easily, effectively or others”.
- Asking the students to make groups of four people in order to get 4 different articles to discuss in one group.
- Ask the students to discuss and tell what they get from the article to other students in group.
- Ask the students to summarize the group discussion individually.
- Next, asking them to make their summary of “how to learn English” by using their own words individually.
- After everything has been done, teacher asks some volunteers from each group to tell the whole class about what they got after discussing the article.
- Giving the conclusion and comment on the students’ answers.
Assignment to discuss today:
- Searching on YouTube: the video of how to speak English fluently. Listen to it carefully and try to understand the video.