For grade ten teaching activities (second meeting on Introduction):
Class meetings, Topics, and Tasks
- Topics: Introduction
Learning Method: Three-steps interview
- Motivation to be brave and think creative in our life. Show the examples that life is never flat.
- Ask the students to make groups of four people (student A, B, C, and D).
- Teacher asks the students to list the questions which they have asked to the teacher in the last meeting for examples on:
- Full Name
- Nick name
- Date of born
- Hobby elaboration
- What they like and hate.
- Favorite food, music, idol, and etc.
- Their aspiration in the future.
- Ask the students to answer all the questions relating the above points.
- Ask the students to divide their groups in pairs (student A with student B, while student C with student C).
- Ask the pairs to make an interview from the above points so that they can exchange information/identity each other: (5 minutes each)
- Teacher asks student A and student B in a pair to tell student C and student D (in one group), to make it clearer see the explanation below:
- Then student A tells student C about information obtained from student B, while student C also tells student A about student D’s information.
- Student B also tells student D about student A’s information, while student D also tells student B about student C’s information
- After everything finished, teacher invites some volunteers from the groups to tell someone’s identity/information in front of class.
List of assignment:
- Searching on YouTube: the video of how to introduce someone. Listen to it carefully and try to understand the video.
- Make a dialogue on introduction. Then make an introduction video by using laptop or mobile phone.