Class meetings, Topics, and Tasks
– Apperception why pronunciation is much important in English speaking.
– Mispronunciation can bring the listener misunderstood of what we say or even our speaking will not be understood.
– Compare to Javanese word such as the word “lara” which is pronounced differently to the vowel /a/ like other Javanese word.
– Giving some examples how to differentiate the words below:
- house and horse.
- bed and bad
- she, see, and sea
- refer and river, van and fan
– Giving some example of some words which Bahasa Indonesia does not have:
- /th/ sound on thank, with, think
- /p/ on paper, pen and etc.
- hour and university with article a or an
– Asking the students to watch and repeat what the speaker on the video says the words.
– Asking the students to write done all kinds of phonetic alphabet they get from the video.
– Asking them to search other word examples on their dictionary.
List of Assignment:
Students are asked to record the list of words they found in the MP3 format. And then, they have to due the assignment later.