Grade twelve – teaching activities:
Class meetings, Topics, and Tasks
- Topic: Overview of motivation in Learning.
- Welcome to the course.
- Motivation of why we are leaning harder. More expensive is dizzier.
- Offering the students whether they want to work harder or not
- Motivation on YOLO (you only live once) so we have to do the great things when we live.
- Explaining how a tour guide learns a foreign language.
- Learning English should be crazy. I learn when I am on the way.
- Ask the students to buy a flash disc for the whole year.
- Asking the student to make groups for one month to go.
- Ask the students to provide a cork on the wall to put the best writing or information.
- Ask the students to make a role play between foreigner and local people in the group.
- Asking them what topics they are interested in e.g. a tour guide, a seller, a tourist, and etc.
- Asking them to perform in front of the class and ask them to exchange a pair of students based on their same situation/topics.
- Giving the conclusion.
Alternative topics: Jigsaw techniques on what they know about Genres they learn during their study at school.
Assignment to discuss today:
- Collecting different information on the same topic in a team and exchange your information in a team.
- Begin to think the mid-term assignment. Make a drama with real pictures comic.
List of assignment:
- Article how to learn English
- Article how to be a successful student
- Give a listening MP3, the students are asked to make the script.
- Give a listening script of national exam, and then they are asked to read and make an MP3 of that.
- Make a drama with real pictures comic.
- Make as many as examples in learning Grammar.
- Identify the characteristics of the figures in a short story and identify the orientation, complication, climax, and resolution.
- Prepare for Debate (discussion text)
- Search a film review and do the translate-summarizing-writing. (Review)
- Make a review of a film. (Review text)